I cannot wait to share Kayla and Elliot’s special day with all of you! This wedding was definitely a wedding full of “firsts” for me. You never know what your day will entail at a wedding. They are full of surprises. So, here’s my fun list of all the new things I got to experience:
1. First time in Mahnomen, and I was excited to see how everything came together so beautifully. The locations were great and close to each other, and I love that the bride and groom decided to do their photos at the Mahnomen Country Club. The wind was strong but we were able to tuck down at the bottom of a big hill.
2. First time I have ever had a groom lose his ring. That’s right. Elliot was driving his lovely bride around on the golf cart during pictures when he realized his ring was no longer on his finger. We ran back to our first location and started looking all over the grass to find it. (I’d like to make a note here that I did not panic.)
You’ll never guess what happened next.
He found it.
He actually found his little ring in the huge expanse of a big green grassy golf course.
That made me really happy…
3. First time I ever fell in the mud during photos. Yup. I totally biffed it. I am that classy. On the bright side though, at least it was me covered in mud instead of my camera.
4. First time planning all the wedding photography with a bride’s mom. Kayla’s mom, Colleen, is absolutely awesome. You can tell she loves her girl so much. She did such a great job!
5. First time at a reception where the bride and groom kiss, but only after they are shown how to do it first. That’s right. This was such a fun and creative Kissing Game! So the bride and groom put together a list of couples. When the guests would clink their glasses a couple from the list would be announced. That couple would then have to come up front and kiss. However they kissed had to then be mimicked by Kayla and Elliot. It was such a fun idea!
So much thought and details were put into this event. Kayla and Elliot, your day was special, and I thank you for letting me be a part of it. I wish you the best!
Photographer: Purrington Photography
Ceremony Venue: St. Michael’s Church, Mahnomen
Officiant: Father Dave Super
Reception Venue: Shooting Star Convention Center, Mahnomen
Consultants: Teddy Busse and Cortney Pemberton
Location for Photos: Mahnomen Country Club
Wedding Gown: Alan Evans Bridal, Moorhead
Shoes: Alan Evans Bridal
Hair and Makeup: Katie Chloupek, The Source Salon and Beauty Supply
Wedding Rings: A Cutting Edge
Bridesmaid Dresses: Alan Evans Bridal
Bridesmaid Jewelry: Francescas
Men’s Formalwear: Affairs by Brittany, Inc
Stationary: Designed by Colleen Kappes and printed at FM Printing
Florist: Tammy Sargent with Sun Flowers
Catering: Shooting Star Convention Center
Cake& Cupcakes: Heather Pederson
DJ: Mobile NRG